Empower Memory Care
For people living with dementia, it can be difficult for them to recall their memories.
Dementia isn’t a disease, but rather a collection of symptoms associated with a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer’s. People living with dementia often struggle to remember things like the names of their children or how to fasten a button.
Science can’t explain why, but dementia affects each person differently. That’s why we take special measures to ensure your loved one’s care is tailored to their specific needs.
What to Expect from Embassy
Embassy’s empower memory care program is a Holistic program from admission to discharge with an interdisciplinary team approach, including supporting our patient and their family’s psychosocial needs as well as managing their medical needs.
Our goal is to improve daily living by
- Reducing behaviors
- Reducing falls
- Reduce need for psychotropic medications
- Increase participating in activities that are appropriate for each resident stage of Dementia
- Increase active participation and enjoyment in the dining experience
- Promote better quality of care with a focus on person-centered approach with dining, bathing, activities and mobility.
To help obtain these goals, we have designed an interventional program that is driven by our therapy team, clinical team and activity department. Utilizing our “Shining Star” speech therapy assessments to determine our residents level of cognition and allow our teams to determine appropriate activities to improve and maintain quality of life.
Benefits of Residential Empower Memory Care
- Safety: Our care centers are designed especially for people living with dementia to minimize the chance of injury.
- Security: Our beautiful grounds are easy to navigate, but our secure borders prevent residents from wandering off.
- Wellness: Our care team will make sure your loved one remembers to eat, bathe and take their medication.
Empower Memory Care Assessments
When we meet a new resident, we perform several different assessments, including:
- MDS: Measures physical, psychological and psychosocial function.
- BIMS: Helps determine if the mental status is altered.
- Allen Cognitive Testing: Evaluates a person’s ability to understand verbal cues and motor skills.
These assessment tools determine which care community will be best suited for your loved one’s condition-based needs. We’re also able to build a more customized care plan because your loved one is directly involved in these assessments.
Embassy Healthcare’s Empower Memory Care Program
Dementia is a journey. Embassy Healthcare will be here for you on that journey every step of the way as the disease process progresses.
Our Embassy team will provide support and care so you will have the peace of mind of knowing your loved one is receiving the best possible care.
Our person-centered approach focuses on the care needs of our residents to ensure that their preferences, ADL needs , psychosocial needs and clinical needs are met while promoting the resident and their support team assist with care plans and choices for their everyday lives.
Our Embassy Shining Star Program coordinates activity programming with a therapeutic approach to help our residents reclaim joy and meaning through a variety of appropriate activities based on functional performance for all stages of dementia.
Our goal is to provide the best quality of life for every resident affected by Alzheimer’s and dementia.
For more information about Embassy Healthcare’s Empower Memory Program or to schedule a private tour, please call Embassy Healthcare at 216-378-2050 to make an appointment to tour our communities and meet our care team.